Monday 1 September 2014

Edit and Evaluation

Edit Evaluation:
Unlike live motion film, editing the picture of the film was very straight forward, as there wasn't any of shots to pick between. This is because I only animated one take per shot, as animation is so time consuming (and I knew what I was animating and how it would all piece together before hand). Also unlike live motion film, I edited the film as I went along, so when each shot was finished I added it to the timeline.

Once the shots were all in the correct order, I cropped them down to increase the pace of the film. I added a few fade transitions at the beginning and end of the film, as well as using them to separate each scene. I also added in pans, and zooms via fiddling with the motion key frames, and added a split screen into one of the shots.

Audio Evaluation:
I found audio a lot more complex when it came to editing the film together, as there was a lot more layering and blending to deal with.

I firstly added the diegetic (atmospheric) sound to the film for each scene. Then starting from the beginning of the film I went through and added the sound effects (the foley sound and voice acting I recorded, as well as the royalty free sound I downloaded from the internet). Lastly, I added the non-diegetic sound (the score/soundtrack) to the film.

When applying each sound file to the timeline, I had to fade in and fade out each sound, so that they would blend in to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment