Thursday 20 March 2014

After Effects Animation Mouth Test


In todays lesson, we learnt how to make a character talk. We firstly filmed ourselves on Photo Booth saying "Yeah boy". Then we imported this into Adobe Photoshop by going to File - Import - Video frames to layers, and  I personally set it to every 3 frames per second. Then, I took each noticeable stage of movement from my mouth, and deleted the layers before and after them. I had  6 different movements, and I then began to reference from this and draw, using the pen tool, the movements for my character. 

Once I had the movements, I imported them into Adobe After Effects, and created a separate composition for each frame, we I made each layer one frame long, then staggered them so one came after other. Then I dropped the composition on the main timeline, and lastly used time remapping to choose the mouth shape in order to lip sync effectively.   

To make the character move, I drew out each part of the character on Adobe Photoshop in a different layer (arms, legs, body, eye, pupil). Then I imported it into Adobe After Effects, keeping each layer seperated. Then, I parented the top of the legs and arms to the body using anchor points, and parented the eye, but not the pupil. This then meant I could move around the body parts with out them separating from the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment