Wednesday 5 March 2014

Rotoscope Animation




Here is my first go at Rotoscoping on Adobe Photoshop Elements.

To produce this we firstly went out in groups and and filmed some footage on  a DSLR camera.
Then we returned and opened up our footage onto Photoshop, by going 'File - Import - Video Frames to Layers'. I chose to use the footage of myself walking up the stairs, and in the 'Import Video to Layers' tab, selected 'Selected Range Only' and cropped the footage to how I wanted it. Lastly on this tab, I limited the footage to 3 frames per second, meaning I would have to draw over less frames.

Once the footage was imported, and converted into individual frames, I went to 'Window - Timeline' and clicked 'Create Frame Animation' on the timeline. This then gave me the frames in the correct order. On each frame I created a new layer above it, which meet I could then draw over the image and afterwards remove the original frame. I drew over all 53 frames to create the girl walking up the stairs, but then decided to add the excessively long hair to add more visual interest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment