Wednesday 26 March 2014

Character Design Process

I am choosing to develop the neighbour in my pitch 'Loot', as he is the most interesting character to focus on, due to his rough and scruffy style, and the many features I can develop with him. He is homeless, and unlike the homeless old man, is addicted to drugs and a very un-tasteful character. 

The neighbours mood board: 


Personality: The neighbour is lazy, spaced out, zombie like, emotionless, heartless, thick, insensitive, sleepless, lonely, unfriendly, unsociable, rude

Shapes and Visual style: The neighbour will be extremely long and skinny, and will relate to the shape of a star due to his many sharp features, (sharp hair, teeth, legs, arms, chin etc…). He will be green, as the colour green can relate to sickness, and is often the colour used to represent zombies (he shares the dead appearance/character as the zombie). He will also lead his body with his pelvis, as this represents slowness and laziness, which are qualities my character has.

Here are my character designs:



My two favourite character designs are character design 1 and 5, although I am going to continue developing and using character 1 as he has more rough qualities, but I may add qualities from character 5, such as the folded down boot, and the more exaggerated pelvis stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment